Our law firm in Spain – Lexidy Law Boutique SLP – provides a wide range of legal services for local and international clients interested in doing business in this country. Our area of expertise covers all branches of law, such as corporate law, criminal business law, legal consulting, tax planning, intellectual property, insolvency, debt collection etc.
We offer consultancy services to investors who open a small, medium or a large company in Spain and we can help them with the incorporation procedure. Our lawyers in Barcelona also offer help for obtaining the permits and licenses required in order for them to begin the desired type of economic activity.
|Legal services offered by our law firm in Spain
– legal counselling for individuals and companies,
– legal advice and representation for foreign companies and persons,
– tax advice,
– tax planning,
– complete services for the registration of Spanish companies,
– assistance in registering with the Registro Mercantil Central, etc.
Types of clients our team can serve
– local and foreign companies,
– Spanish citizens and residents,
– foreigners and refugees.
Reasons to choose our team
Clients can choose our lawyers in Spain because our team has an extensive experience in numerous branches of law.
Our team is reliable, our lawyers speak many European languages and our legal services are completed in a professional manner.
|Legal services for company formation in Spain
– applying for a trading name with the Registro Mercantil Central,
– selecting a legal entity – usually, the limited liability company (sociedad limitada) and the corporation (sociedad anonima),
– preparing the statutory documents of the company,
– opening a corporate bank account,
– obtaining permits and licenses,
– register for taxes, etc.
|Legal services for setting up a representative office
Our lawyers in Spain can provide legal assistance on preparing the incorporation documents, registering with the Tax Office (Delegacion de Hacienda), obtaining the company's certificate, registering the company for social security.
|Accounting services (yes/no)
|Tax advice and assistance (yes/no)
|Tax registration services
– registering Spanish companies and non-resident companies with the Tax Agency (Agencia Tributaria),
– obtaining a VAT number,
– submitting tax forms and returns,
– preparing the necessary documents for registration.
|Common legal services for foreigners
Our lawyers in Spain can:
– advice on the immigration law,
– prepare the necessary documents for visa application,
– assist in applying for a residence permit,
– offer legal counselling for refusals of visas,
– represent refugees,
– offer any other services deriving from immigration procedures
|Assistance in setting up a bank account
– preparing the documents the client must present to the bank,
– representing the client in front of the Spanish banks etc.
|Basic taxes for companies in Spain
– the corporate income tax (standard rate 25% and 15% for newly created businesses),
– business and professional activities tax (charged at a rate of maximum 15% of the profits of a company),
– value added tax (standard rate 21%, reduced rates 10%, 4%, 0%),
– withholding taxes (19% – 24%, charged based on the residency of the recipient).
|Basic taxes for individuals in Spain
– the personal income tax (progressive rates of 19%, 21%, 23% and 26%),
– wealth tax (0.2% to 3.5% of the value of the assets),
– inheritance tax (progressive rates from 7.65% to 34%)
|When can a foreigner apply for a residence permit?
When the duration of stay in Spain is more than 3 months, for reasons such as employment, study and training, family reunification, etc.
|Reasons to invest in Spain
– open economy,
– highly developed infrastructure,
– large talent pool,
– incentives for businesses,
– a good taxation system,
– opportunities in sectors such as ICT, renewable energy, agri-food, life science.
|Debt collection services
– addressing to debtor on the client's behalf,
– contacting both local and foreign debtors,
– representing clients in court and out-of-court procedures.
At Lexidy Law Boutique SLP, foreign natural persons and legal entities can receive assistance on four main categories of services:
- corporate services,
- tax services,
- immigration matters,
- real estate.
Lexidy was founded by Federico Richardson Alborna, an English-speaking lawyer in Spain, registered with the Bar Association with the number 40.082. Investors can get in touch with our specialists at LawyersSpain.eu directly at our offices located in Madrid and Barcelona. Our law firm in Barcelona and our international law firm in Madrid offer a wide range of legal services.
Those who are interested in investing in Spain by opening a local company can receive advice and legal representation on the following corporate services:
- full assistance in opening a local branch office or a subsidiary,
- opening a corporate bank account for a corporate structure,
- assistance in choosing one of the legal entities prescribed by the Spanish legislation,
- obtaining a NIE number,
- compliance with the GDPR legislation.
At the same time, we can assist businessmen in purchasing a company that is available for sale in this country. For details, contact our law firm Barcelona.
Organizations we are a part of
Lexidy Law Boutique SLP, a law firm in Madrid and the company representing LawyersSpain.eu, is part of several local and international organizations. We are proud of our collaboration with the following:
- Deutsch-Spanische Juristenvereinigung eV Hispano-German Association of Jurists (German-Spanish Association of Lawyers),
- the International Bar Association,
- Camara de Comercio Hispano – Sueca de Barcelona (Sweden – Spain Chamber of Commerce in Barcelona),
- Il Lustre Col-Legi de L’advocaia de Barcelona (Barcelona Bar Association).
Our legal services at our law firm in Barcelona and Madrid
Our attorneys in Spain have a close relationship with their clients and the services provided to international and local clients are tailored to their needs. Our lawyerin Spain can assist in a wide range of legal services, such as the ones presented below, which are available for both foreign and local investors and individuals:
- company liquidation in Spain – just likeopening a company, closing one will involve several steps that will need to be handled accordingly. Satisfying the creditor’s debts is an important phase and having the right legal aid in liquidation, as well as appointing a liquidator, are equally important for the process. Our team of solicitors in Spain can help you close a business that is no longer profitable;
- legal counseling in various legal areas – our team includes lawyers who have extensive experience in all areas of law, from corporate and business law to tax law and family law, we provide the full spectrum of legal guidance and advice;
- tax advice and planning -companies and individuals in Spain can benefit from our services related to tax advice and planning. We offer complete counseling in all taxation matters, for both foreign investors and companies that are not yet familiar with the taxation system and to individuals who have questions about personal taxation. Our barrister in Spain can assist companies with tax advice on the provisions of the double tax treaties signed in Spain and on the manner in which they apply to a business);
- company formation in Spain – we can assist you during the company formation process in Spain as opening a new business is a multi-step process that will start with choosing the business type and name and it will end with registering the company with the Commercial Register (Registro Mercantil Central).
You can reach out to us with complete confidence irrespective of the legal questions you might have; our solicitors in Spain can also help foreign investors onimmigration related matters. We can assist in obtaining business visas, residence permits and we can also provide legal advice on the procedures that have to be completed in order to bring the close family relatives to live in Spain.
Debt collection in Spain
When you have to recover a debt from your business partners in Spain, you may address to our Spanish lawyers who will present you the legal procedures related to debt collection. Our solicitors in Spain will follow all the legal steps and they will represent you in front of Spanish courts, if the debt is not recovered through the mutual consent.
We may also represent you in front of the Spanish authorities and third parties through a power of attorney and you don’t have to travel to Spain in order torecover your debts. Our lawyer in Spain may help you with the insolvency procedures, if it is needed, and they will follow all the legal steps for company liquidation.
Solicitors in Spain specialized in commercial and business law
In your daily activity, at your company in Spain, you may need legal consultancy for your business and representation in front of Spanish courts of justice. Our law firm in Spain is prepared to provide you with legal advice and representation in various matters, such as commercial litigation, preparing the set of documents required in a Spanish court for a given legal case, drafting legal documents, such as contracts. Our lawyer in Spain can also provide arbitration and mediation services in case oflegal disputes between companies.
When you need a lawyer in order to conclude an important business contract or a deal, our barristers in Spain are always at your disposal and can offer assistance on the Spanish legislation on the matter. Contact our lawyers in Barcelona for details.
Hiring or dismissing employees?
If you need legal consultancy after you open your company and you want tohire employees, you may contact our lawyers in Spain. Our law firm in Spain offers solutions for your issues related toemploymentand keeps you informed about the latest changes in the Spanish legislation regarding employment. When you need to dismiss employees, our lawyers in Spain will offer you legal consultancy to be sure the procedure you will follow is completed according to the local regulations.
Tax minimization in Spain
After you open a company in Spain and you start doing business in this country, you may need useful information related to tax minimization procedures. Foreign businessmen can receive information from our law firm in Spain on the provisions of the double tax treaties applicable to them. It is important to know that Spain has signed numerous double tax treaties for avoiding the double taxation and foreign tax residents can benefit from them in certain conditions.
Do you need to open a company in Spain? Ask our lawyers for help
Many foreign entrepreneurs are attracted by the business opportunities in Spain and they want to set up companies in this country with less effort and as fast as possible. Our lawyer in Spain can help you with the incorporation procedure and you don’t have to travel to Spain in order to open a company. If you don’t know the type of company that suits best to your interests, you can ask for the advice of our law firm in Spain.
After you will choose the right type of company for your business, you can rely on our barrister in Spain for the registration. Our law firm in Spain will help you draft the articles of association, specimen signatures, fill in the special forms, affidavits, arrange the public notary procedures etc.
If you don’t want to travel to Spain in order to open the company, you can do it through a power of attorney granted to one of our Spanish lawyers. He or she will assist with advice on the services of a virtual office for your company and can provide additional services, such as accounting, opening a bank account etc.
Obtaining business permits and licenses in Spain
One of the main components of the process of starting a business in Spain is obtaining business permits and licenses. With the help of our barrister in Spain, you can navigate through the complex system of business permits and licenses, as they can vary greatly based on the object of activity of the company, the place where the operations are developed and others.
For instance, if your business operates in the construction sector, the company’s representatives will need to prepare a set of documents that will be necessary for the issuance of basic permits, such as: the Municipal Works Permit, the Municipal Activity Permit, the Municipal First Occupancy Permit and the Municipal Opening Permit.
We invite you to watch a short video about how you can set up a business, helped by our law firm in Spain:
How to obtain a Spanish visa for investment purposes
Foreign investors can apply for a visa in Spain, issued with the main purpose of performing an investment in a local company (a company that is already operational or the company set up by the businessman). In order to obtain a visa in Spain for investments, the businessmen will have to provide a detailed business plan, respect the minimum investment threshold and the number of jobs the business will add on the Spanish market.
It is necessary to know that foreigners obtaining a businessvisa will be entitled to bring their close family members, who will benefit from the right of working on the local market, living in Spain. If the investor has children, they will be able to enroll in local schools.
Anothertype of visa for investors is available under the Golden Visa Spain program, launched in 2013. Under this program, a foreign businessman can invest EUR 500,000 in the real estate sector, which will allow theissuance of family residency. This type of document is available for a period of two years and it can be renewed upon expiration. Businessmen can also apply for a visa when, for example, they invest in an investment fund a minimum amount of EUR 1 million.
How can a foreigner immigrate to Spain?
The visas that can be issued by the Spanish authorities cover all the types of reasons for which a foreigner may want to arrive in this country, such as for:
- business and investments,
- relocation and purchasing a property.
If you are considering purchasing a property in this country, as a foreigner it is highly recommended to be represented in this procedure by a specialized lawyer, who has an in-depth expertise in the field.
For this, our property lawyers in Spain remain at your service throughout the entire purchase procedure (drafting and signing the contract, due diligence, changing the ownership, etc.).
You can find out the entire list of visas issued by the Spanish legislation from our team of lawyers in Spain.
You can also count on our lawyers in Spain also for other financial issues, such as payroll services, corporate and dividend tax, tax minimization etc. They may recommend you experienced accountants who are ready to offer professional advice and consultancy. Our law firm in Spain may represent you and offer legal consultancy in issues related to civil and family law issues. For details regarding the legal services and our special prices, you may contact our lawyers in Spain.
If you live in Barcelona or you have a business in this city/intend to set up a business, you can always rely on team of lawyers in Barcelona. Our attorneys can provide legal services for any branch of law that can be of interest to a foreigner or a local resident.
Of course, we can represent foreigners in any immigration matter and we can advice on the possibility of acquiring Spanish citizenship.
In the case in which you are located in another part of the country, such as in the city of Madrid or its surroundings, you must know that we have a team of lawyers in Madrid, who can provide legal representation.
You can contact our team if you simply need legal advice on a matter or if you need to be represented in front of a court in a civil, commercial or criminal matter.